Friday, August 6, 2010

Raised a 'PIG' of a Musky

Went out this afternoon for a couples of hours to try my luck. It was a nice cool day compared to the 30 degrees and plus we have been getting. Caught 2 pike around the 25 inch mark. Got off the water around 2:30 pm, went home and took a power nap. At around 5:30 pm, since to Yak was still on the car, I decided to go for another run. Hooked another pike, this one measured in at 28 inches. I also missed a bass, witch spit my lure while it was showing off his acrobats. But, as the title says....I raised a big fat pig of a musky right beside a beaver dam. It bumped my lure right at the Yak and boiled right under me. All I heard was 'thump' right on the kayak and saw this massive green silhouette beside me. After seeing my buddy catch a 45 inch Tiger Musky, I'm sure this beast was pushing 50 inches. Let the spot calm down for abit and hit it again but nothing. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow morning? The Hunt Continues..........





28 inches

No comments: