Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bass Solo Anyone?

Went out musky fishing all day with Moose, had to take advantage of the temperature, and well who am I kidding, Im addicted to fishing...So both of those combined=fishing all day!

We were on the water for about 8 hours, and for the first 4, nothing, not even a token pike, then all of a sudden, Moose catches one, misses one, and I land one(all small pike). From nothing in 4 hours, to 3 fish in about 5 minutes...and it didnt stop; with Moose missing something very nice sized, (low 30" esox, not sure if it was pike or musky), landing another tiny pike, and myself finally reeling in this 5.10lbs, 23 1/2" largie. And even though it was caught on big gear with 80lbs test line, the fight was great, she jumped twice, with at least a triple axel one time too





The lure was a Joe Bucher slopmaster, a single-blade(#8 colorado), single hook spinner bait. And although I was fishing for musky, I was pleasantly surprised to see this beauty at the end of my line.

Story sent in by : Dan

No comments: