Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Grosse Palette à Petrie Island

Went Downtown today to try out the Rideau falls. I launched right beside the Prime Minister's house paddled maybe 5-10 minutes and started casting close to the falls. So much wind and waves that I was getting pissed off, so I park my self on the Island close by and fished from there for a while. After 1 hour and 45 minutes decided to go back home. Once home I realized that 2 hours of fishing was not enough so went down the hill and launched at Petrie. Caught this guy on a T-worm.


I crossed over to the other side and whipped out the Reed-Runner. Started casting the weed line and this little ''Fouet'' hit.

Was getting really frustrated with the wind blowing me everywhere, so I started heading to shore when Dan called me. He had an hour and a half between guitar lessons so he decided to come join me from shore. Not even 5 min after he got there, I casted right in front of him close to the culvert and WHAM! We were sure the Bass was at least 20 inches after seeing it jump out of the water. Once landed she measured 19 inches & weighted 3.10 lbs. What a beauty!


No comments: