Thursday, September 16, 2010

Texas Rigging

Did the same old routine, pounded the weed line with my spinnerbait all the way up the river until I reached the channel on the right hand side. Crossed over and pounded the mouth of the channel, nothing! After seeing a friend catch a pike on a weedless frog the other day, I decided to try a Texas-Rig for the 1st time. I was actually in the same spot my buddy was, when I caught this nice 30 inch Pike.



She hit twice, before I could get her hooked. Got another hit after that in the same spot but couldn't set the hook. I crossed over to the other side and started hitting up the lilly's when, Wham! This guy hit hard, had no problem setting the hook! She weighted 3.5 lbs & 19 inches long.



Had a few more bite but had trouble setting the hook. Will be trying T-Rigging again for sure......

No comments: