Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cool & Rainy Morning Walleye

With a cool and rainy morning in the forecast, made my decision last night to hit the water at Sunrise. Got up at 5:30am pack all my gear and headed for a quick breakfast of champions at McD. Was on the water for 6:25am. Started paddling up the weed line where I usually go and saw this Carp floating there. Took a few pictures. I was battling the wind again, but not as much as yesterday! I decided to go straight to my walleye hole and cast the day lights out of it. Not even 10 minutes in, I get a bite about 10 feet for my kayak, set the hook and nothing, so I cast back about 15 feet and not even three turns of the reel and Wham!!! She took me for a 2 minute ride before I landed her. I have to say that is the nicest fish I have ever caught. She measured in at 30 inches & weighted 8 lbs.



Carp was 33 inches long







30 inches & 8 lbs



No comments: