Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Petrie Island Trifecta

With rain all day in the forecast, I decided to hit the shore line at Petrie till it started coming down. Went to my HONEY HOLE and used my magic lure. Within a dozen casts I caught a 23 inch Walleye. Then switch spots and caught a second fish. It was your typical Petrie Island bass, it measured 15 inches.




As the day went along, a window opened up around 12:30, it stopped raining. Left a message to one of my fishing buddy, to meet me at Petrie if he could. Got there at the same time as him. We hit my HONEY HOLE again, well I hit it again and Don hit it for the first time. Within 10-15 minutes I completed the TRIFECTA by catching a Northern Pike right at shore side. He hit in a foot of water, almost swam right on shore to grap the lure.


Then not even other 15 minutes goes by and Don catching a nice walleye. She was in the low 20's range. We decided to switch over to the other side. It looked like Don had a other fish on. ''It's a pike, it's a pike'' Good job Don, I said. Then it spat the lure out.....We stayed there for an hour till it started raining

No comments: