Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What a day......

Started the afternoon at Petrie Island. Caught this nice 16 inch Largemouth right off the bat. Continued down the river and caught this little snot rocket. After those two fish hit, nothing for 2 hours.



My buddy Dan called me and wanted to go at a spot we tried earlier this year. He picked me up at Petrie and we headed down to Beckett's Creek. Saw the sign saying ''Beckett's Creek'' and then saw a dirt road leading to the water, Perfect! Launched and started casting away. Not even 30 minutes in our run, I see a car pull in where we were parked and this guy is screaming for something. Dan reels in and paddles full blast to shore to see what's going on. Well, apparently we were on this guys property and he wasn't to happy. He was on the phone with the tow truck company when Dan got to shore. Apparently had already called the cops. What a guy! We were trying to explain to him that we saw the sign for Beckett's Creek and there was a turn off right after, so we decided to go look down the road to see if it would lead us to the creek. There was no sign that said it was private properly and no gate keeping people out, so we figure it was a boat launch. The guy wouldn't even listen, cutting us off every time. When all was said and done, he cancelled the tow trunk and told police not too come down! Ended up extorting 40$ from Dan, to let us go. Wanting to fish so bad, we stop at Cumberland Ferry to fish from shore. Within 5 minutes Dan hooks this mid 20's Northern Pike.




I took a few pictures and went back to fishing, while Dan was releasing his fish. ''Oh my god! Musky HUGE! Ya....Ahhhhhh Did u see that! I was just doing figure 8 in 2 feet of water when I saw it come up. Caught me by surprise, I froze for a moment. Let the spot calm down for about 15 minutes and then it was Dan's turn. Woooo Big Musky just followed my lure. Saw it twice but no luck hooking it.

No comments: